Do you have Shopware 6? Please switch to this manual.
Step 1: Register an account
Register a payever account here: https://commerceos.payever.org/entry/registration/business
Step 2: Configure payment options
In order to configure your payment options, first open the Checkout app. To do this, either click on the Checkout symbol under Business Apps or click on the Manage or Open button on the Checkout section.
If you are using the Checkout app for the first time: simply follow the instructions of our on-boarding assistant and select the desired payment method from the list by clicking on install.
If you have already used the Checkout app: You can find the payment methods in the Payment Options tab at the top of the screen. Click on + Add and select the desired payment method from the list that now appears and click on install.
Once you click Install a new page will open, the structure of which will vary depending on the payment method chosen.
With the payment methods credit card, direct debit, Sofortüberweisung and Paypal just click the Connect button and you will be forwarded to the respective payment provider. There you connect your existing account or create a new one.
For the payment methods Installments, invoice, Factoring and Direct Bank Transfer you have to enter the access data that you have received from Santander and then click on Connect (if you have not been in touch with Santander before, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org).
Regardless of the payment method, please make sure that you always enter your access data in the Default tab.
After you have connected the payment methods, you can make changes to the settings of the specific payment method. Please refer to our documentation for the specific payment method for more information, which you can find here.
Step 3: Configure channels
Select the Channels tab in the Checkout app.
Click + Add.
Select Shopware from the list that now appears and click on Install.
Select API keys and click on + Add. Enter a name of your choice and click on Generate. Afterwards, click on the plus icon (+) and you see the credentials that you have to insert into the shop system that you use for your online business (i.e., Client Id, Client secret, Business UUID). Please copy these to your clipboard.
Step 4: Install plugin
Log into your Shopware account, click on Configuration in the header bar and select the Plugin Manager.
Once the Plugin Manager has opened (please note that you have to be logged in for this), please type "payever" into the search bar in the upper left corner and click on Install.
You will now be asked to confirm that the cache will be emptied. Please answer Yes. In case you don't get this pop-up, please contact our support or your shop admin, as this is an indication that there could be a technical defect in your shop.
Should you not get this pop-up for whatever reason, please empty the cache manually (by the following steps Settings > Caches/Performance > Clear shop cache.
Step 5: Connect to payever
Next you need to activate the plugin by clicking on Activate (you may be asked once more to confirm that the cache will be cleared - please respond with yes again).
Now you need to configure some settings:
- Sandbox: Please select No (unless you want to do test transactions - if this is the case, select Yes. You can find more information about the Sandbox/Testing mode towards the end of this article).
- Iframe: We recommend choosing Yes. If you choose Yes the payever Checkout will be loaded within an iFrame inside your website, the customer won't leave your shop for the checkout. If you select No, your customer will be redirected to a new page with a payever URL.
- Logging: We recommend selecting Critical Payment Data. You probably won't need the other two options, unless you run into problems later on - in that case our support may ask you to switch to Payment data with debug data as this helps us to better analyze your issues.
- Client ID, Client Secret and Business UUID: Please enter the data you have generated in your payever account in Step 3 (unless you are in the Sandbox Mode, if that is the case please use our test credentials).
- Payment icon: Here you can decide whether you would like to have a logo/icon next to the payment option (different icons for each payment option, usually logo of payment provider).
- Checkout language: We recommend to either choose the language of your shop, or (especially in case you sell in multiple countries) the option Default. Choosing Default means that payever will show the checkout in the user's browser language.
- Save rejected orders: Here you can decide whether you would like to create an order in Shopware when the customer has been rejected by the payment provider. We recommend you to choose No.
Last but not least, first click Save and then click Synchronize payment methods. (Please note the order - it won't work the other way around!)
Step 6: Edit payment options
After synchronizing the payment options, you can edit them in your settings. To do so, please open Configuration and choose Payment methods.
Select the payment option you would like to edit. Here you can, amongst other things, type a name and description text for this payment option. Once you are done, don't forget to click Save.
Testing the Plugin: Sandbox Mode
Would you like to test the plugin and the payment options before you go live? No problem - you can do so in staging/sandbox mode, since none of the transactions you do in this mode will result in an actual payment. We kindly ask you to not test outside of the Sandbox Mode, since testing payments in live mode can have unintended consequences - even if your cancel the transaction right away after you have submitted it (If you test too often with your own credit card, it may be blocked, and if for instance you submit too many installment requests via Santander with your name, this may negatively affect your credit score).
To activate staging/sandbox mode, set Sandbox = Yes in the payever plugin configurations and fill in the test credentials (Business UUID, Client Secret, Client ID). To make sure your test transactions get accepted, please use stub data.
Once you have finished testing and switched to live (Sandbox = No), please don't forget to fill in your own live credentials (Business UUID, Client Secret, Client ID) then save and synchronize (otherwise you will get an error message).
When you're done testing and want to go live:
- Please do not forget to remove the test data and instead enter your own data from your payever account (see step 3), save and then synchronize (otherwise you will receive an error message when synchronizing). You cannot use your live data in sandbox mode, nor can you use our test data in live!
- Please also note that any settings made (plug-in settings, names and texts of the payment methods, etc.) are lost when switching between live and sandbox mode (regardless of the direction). With each change you reset these settings - so if you have configured everything in sandbox mode, are satisfied and therefore want to go live, please remember the configuration you made and repeat these settings again in live Mode. Once configured again, please remember to press synchronize.
After integration: information on processing payments
In general, our plugins are designed so that all actions available in the payever account can also be initiated from your Shopware backend. As a rule, you do not need to log into your payever account to find out the status of a payment or to cancel a payment, for example!
Status reports - the payment status in process usually only occurs with installment loans and means that the payment is not yet complete (customer still has to go through an identification process and / or submit required documents). If you see this status, please wait and do not send the goods yet. The status fully paid means that the payment was successful and complete - in this case you can ship the goods to your customer. The status verification necessary means that the payment has failed, was rejected or was canceled by you (for this status, please do not ship any goods to your customer).
Capture / Shipping Goods - Please note that with some of our payment methods (e.g. Invoice and Installment loans, possibly also PayPal and Credit Card, if you have disabled automatic capture for this payment option in the settings), you have to report the shipping of goods. However, you do not have to do this manually; it is sufficient if you set the status of the order concerned after the goods have been shipped in Shopware to Completed paid.
Cancellations and Refunds - If you would like to partially or fully reimburse a transaction, please open the order details (Customers > Orders > click the pencil icon on the transaction concerned). For a cancellation choose Cancel / Credit, for a partial return or partial cancellation please choose Partial refund and enter the amount to be reimbursed.
Please note, however, that not all of our payment methods have an automatic cancellation function: Installment loans can only be canceled via payever / Shopware before the goods are shipped to the customer (if you'd like to cancel the order after the goods have been shipped you need to contact Santander directly). Direct bank Transfers and Direct Debits can only be reimbursed from your bank account via a transfer to the customer.
Questions or problems?
Our support team is there to help you free of charge from 8am to 7pm at email@example.com
When you write to us, please let us know which version of our plugin and of shopware you are using, which shop you are working on (URL or email address you used to register at payever) and what error message/issue you have noticed at which point of the process - this helps us to solve your issue faster.