Step 1: Register an account
Register a payever account here: https://commerceos.payever.org/entry/registration/business
Step 2: Configure payment options
In order to configure your payment options, first open the Checkout app. To do this, either click on the Checkout symbol under Business Apps or click on the Manage or Open button on the Checkout section.
If you are using the Checkout app for the first time: simply follow the instructions of our on-boarding assistant and select the desired payment method from the list by clicking on install.
If you have already used the Checkout app: You can find the payment methods in the Payment Options tab at the top of the screen. Click on + Add and select the desired payment method from the list that now appears and click on install.
Once you click Install a new page will open, the structure of which will vary depending on the payment method chosen.
With the payment methods credit card, direct debit, Sofortüberweisung and Paypal just click the Connect button and you will be forwarded to the respective payment provider. There you connect your existing account or create a new one.
For the payment methods Installments, invoice, Factoring and Direct Bank Transfer you have to enter the access data that you have received from Santander and then click on Connect (if you have not been in touch with Santander before, please contact email@example.com).
Regardless of the payment method, please make sure that you always enter your access data in the Default tab.
After you have connected the payment methods, you can make changes to the settings of the specific payment method. Please refer to our documentation for the specific payment method for more information, which you can find here.
Step 3: Configure channels
Select the Channels tab in the Checkout app.
Click + Add.
Select PrestaShop from the list that now appears and click on Install.
Select API keys and click on + Add. Enter a name of your choice and click on Generate. Afterwards, click on the plus icon (+) and you see the credentials that you have to insert into the shop system that you use for your online business (i.e., Client Id, Client secret, Business UUID). Please copy these to your clipboard.
Finally, click on the Downloads tab (above the API key) and download the latest version of our plugin from the list that now opens (zip file).
Step 4: Install plugin
Go to Modules > Module Manager and click Upload a module.
Now upload the zip file. It will then be installed automatically as soon as the upload is complete.
Step 5: Configurations
Now open the settings for the payever plugin (Module > Module Manager > scroll down to Other > Configure).
Here you have to make some settings:
- Active: Please select Yes here to activate the plugin.
- Mode: Please select Live Mode (unless you want to do some test transactions first, in this case please select the sandbox - you can find more information here).
- Client ID, Client Secret and Business UUID: Please enter the data you generated in your payever account in step 3 (unless you are in sandbox mode, then leave the pre-filled test data here).
- Debug: For normal operation we recommend No - you only need the debug mode if we ask you to activate it as part of the investigation of a technical fault.
- Show Payment Option Name: Here you can choose whether you want to display the name of the payment method (eg "Santander Installment Norway").
- Show Payment Option Logo: Here you can choose whether you want to display a logo for the payment method (logo of the respective payment provider).
- Show Payment Option Description: In the payment method settings you have the option of entering a short description for each payment method that the customer will see in the checkout. Here you can specify whether this text should be displayed or not.
- Show Payment Option Fee: If you request fees for a payment method, the fees will be shown to the customer in the checkout if you choose Yes. With some payment methods, you or your customer can pay the fees in your payever account (checkout app > payment methods) (please note that this is not possible with the Santander payment methods, as you as the merchant always need to cover the fees yourself).
- Language in checkout: Here you either choose the language of your shop or the default setting - this means that payever automatically selects the language that is set in the browser of this customer.
- Redirect or iFrame: Here we recommend the setting Iframe Mode. If you choose Yes here, the payever checkout will be loaded in an area / iframe within your website, the customer will not leave your shop. If you select Redirect Mode, the customer will be redirected to a new window with a payever URL.
Finally, click Save and Synchronize to make the changes effective.
Below the settings you will find all payment methods that are installed in the account you are currently connected to. Here you can also make some settings for each payment method:
- Active: Select Yes to activate the payment method.
- Title: Name that will be shown in the checkout (different names for German and English possible). Only displayed if you selected the Yes option for Show Payment Option Name.
- Description: Description that will be shown in the checkout (different texts for German and English possible). Only displayed if you selected the Yes option for Show Payment Option Description.
- Fee paid by merchant: You can choose whether the fees should be added to the shopping cart value or not. Attention: the settings here will be overwritten by those in your payever account (if you have entered there that you will bear the fees, this also applies if you enter No here).
- Minimum and Maximum Order Total: Enter here for which shopping cart amounts the payment method should be displayed in the checkout. Attention: Here the limits set by the payment provider rule over the limits you set yourself (for example, if you are eligible to provide Installment loans for purchases up to €7,500 and enter €10,000, your customers will still only be able to select the payment option for purchases up to €7,500).
- Position: Here you can control the order in which the payment methods should be displayed in the checkout (e.g. 1 for first).
Would you like to test the plugin and the payment options before you go live? No problem - you can do so in staging/sandbox mode, since none of the transactions will then result in an actual payment. To activate staging/sandbox mode, set mode to Sandbox in the plugin settings and click on Setup Sanbox API credentials to have the test credentials show up. Alternatively, manually fill in the test credentials (Business UUID, Client Secret, Client ID) provided here: https://docs.payever.org/resources/de/test-credentials
In sandbox mode, you are not connected to your own payever account but to our general test account - which is why you can now see all available payment methods here, not just those that you have activated in your payever account (please note that you will not see test transactions in your payever account).
To have payment confirmed in test mode, please use the relevant stub data, which you can find here.
Now you can test the plugin without triggering any real transactions. We would like to ask you to test only in sandbox mode as test transactions in Live mode, even if you subsequently cancel them immediately, can have undesirable consequences (for example, if you test too often with your credit card it may be reported and blocked and if you submit multiple installment loan applications in your name this can worsen your credit score, etc.).
When you're done testing and want to go live:
- Please do not forget to remove the test data and instead enter your own data from your payever account (see step 3), save and then synchronize (otherwise you will receive an error message when synchronizing). You cannot use your live data in sandbox mode, nor can you use our test data in live!
- Please also note that any changes made to the settings (plug-in settings, names and texts of the payment methods, etc.) are lost when switching between live and sandbox mode (regardless of the direction). With each synchronization process you reset these settings automatically - so if you have configured everything in sandbox mode and you are satisfied with the test-results and want to go live, please remember the configurations you made in test mode and reapply these settings again after you have switched to live mode and synchronized.
After integration: information on processing payments
In general, our plugins are designed so that most of the promotions available in the payever account can also be initiated from your shop backend. As a rule, you do not need to log into your payever account to find out about the status of a payment or to activate a payment, for example!
Status Reports - the payment Status in Process usually only occurs with installment loans and means that the payment is not yet complete (customer still has to go through an identification process and / or submit required documents). If you see this status please do not ship the goods to your customer yet. The Payment Accepted status means that the payment was successful and complete - in this case you are free to ship the goods. The status Canceled means that the payment failed, was rejected or was canceled by you (again, for this status do not ship the goods to your customer).
Capture / Shipping Goods - Please note that with some of our payment methods (e.g. Invoice and Installment loans, and possibly also PayPal and Credit Card if you have disabled automatic capture in the settings there), you have to report the shipping of goods. However, you do not need to do this manually as it is sufficient if you set the status of the affected order to Shipped after the goods have been sent to your customer in Prestashop.
You can do this in the order details under Sell > Orders > View.
Select the status Shipped from the dropdown and then click Update Status.
The traffic jam now changes to Shipped and the shipping notification is automatically forwarded to payever.
Cancellations and Refunds - In versions up to 2.4.1, a cancellation or refund is only possible via your payever account (Transactions app > open affected transaction > in the top right press the Refund button, or press the three-point menu > press the Cancel button). All of the following versions (appearing shortly) also offer the option of automatically transferring cancellations and refunds made using the Partial refund button in Prestashop to payever.
Please note however that not all of our payment methods have an automatic cancellation function: Installment loans can only be canceled via payever / Prestashop before the goods have been shipped to the customer (if you need to cancel the order after the goods have been shipped to your customer you need to contact Santander directly). Direct Bank Transfers and Direct Debits can only be refunded from your bank account via a manual transfer to the customer.
Any further questions or problems?
You can reach our support from Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know in your message which shop system and plugin version you are using, which shop (URL and / or email address with which you are registered with us) your request is related to and which error message / issue you are dealing with - so we can process your request as fast as possible!