Step 1: create an account
Register a payever account here: https://commerceos.payever.org/entry/registration/business
Step 2: Configure payment options
In order to configure your payment options, first open the Checkout app. To do this, either click on the Checkout symbol under Business Apps or click on the Manage or Open button on the Checkout section.
If you are using the Checkout app for the first time: simply follow the instructions of our on-boarding assistant and select the desired payment method from the list by clicking on install.
If you have already used the Checkout app: You can find the payment methods in the Payment Options tab at the top of the screen. Click on + Add and select the desired payment method from the list that now appears and click on install.
Once you click Install a new page will open, the structure of which will vary depending on the payment method chosen.
With the payment methods credit card, direct debit, Sofortüberweisung and Paypal just click the Connect button and you will be forwarded to the respective payment provider. There you connect your existing account or create a new one.
For the payment methods Installments, invoice, Factoring and Direct Bank Transfer you have to enter the access data that you have received from Santander and then click on Connect (if you have not been in touch with Santander before, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org).
Regardless of the payment method, please make sure that you always enter your access data in the Default tab.
After you have connected the payment methods, you can make changes to the settings of the specific payment method. Please refer to our documentation for the specific payment method for more information, which you can find here.
Step 3: Configure channels
Select the Channels tab in the Checkout app.
Click + Add.
Select Plentymarkets from the list that now appears and click on Install.
Select API keys and click on + Add. Enter a name of your choice and click on Generate. Afterwards, click on the plus icon (+) and you see the credentials that you have to insert into the shop system that you use for your online business (i.e., Client Id, Client secret, Business UUID). Please copy these to your clipboard.
Step 4: Install plugin
Search for the payever Plugin in the Plentymarkets exchange and install it to your shop.
You will then find the plugin in your account under Plugins > Plugin overview > payever.
Step 5: Configure plugin
Select the Settings tab on the left and make the following configurations:
- Mode: Please select the live mode (unless you want to do some test transactions first, in this case please select the sandbox mode - more information regarding testing can be found in the end of this article).
- Client ID, Client Secret and Business UUID: Please enter the data you generated in your payever account in Step 3 (unless you are in sandbox mode).
- Payment fee: Here you can choose whether the payment fee should be displayed (this is highly recommended if you configure it such that the customer pays the fees - if you pay the fees yourself, this is not necessary! However, please note that this only is possible with some payment methods, with the Santander payment methods for example, the merchant always bears the cost of the fee and this cannot be changed).
- Icon of the payment method visible: Select here whether you want to display a suitable icon or logo for the respective payment method in the checkout (e.g. Santander or PayPal logo).
- Description of the payment method secure: Select here whether you want to see a description for the respective payment method in the checkout. If you choose Yes here, please do not forget to check before going live that the texts are suitable for your situation and are in the correct language!
- Integration type: Here we recommend the Iframe configuration. If you choose Iframe then the payever checkout will be loaded in an area / Iframe within your website, the customer will not leave your shop. If you select Redirect, the customer will be redirected to a new window with a different payever URL.
- Checkout language: Here you either choose the language of your shop or the setting Standard - this setting has payever automatically select the language that is set in the browser of this customer.
- Create order before receipt of payment: Here you specify when exactly the order should be created in your shop. If you select yes, an order will be created in Plentymarkets as soon as the customer has been forwarded to payever, regardless of whether they complete the process there or not. If no is selected then only orders that the customer has completed are created, and only if the payment provider has accepted the customer (rejected requests do not generate an order). Note: If you select the the No option here it can happen in some rare cases that despite the customer's acceptance by the payment provider, no order is created. This happens when the customer closes the window or, for example, the customer's browser crashes before the confirmation page has loaded, or there are network problems with the payment provider or payever. The reason for this is that in these cases the order would then have to be created by a later status update, but experience has shown that this does not work properly in Plentymarkets.
Once you have made the necessary configurations, click on the save icon to save your changes.
Step 6: Configure payment methods
Below the settings you will see a list of all payment methods that you have activated in your account (live mode) or all payment methods that payever offers (sandbox mode). Here you can make a few changes to the settings of each individual payment method:
- Activated: Here you can activate and deactivate the payment method.
- Title: Specify which name the payment method should have in your checkout.
- Description: If you have decided to display descriptions, please enter a suitable description for the payment method here.
- Pay fees: Select Yes if you as the merchant want to pay the fees. Attention: with some payment methods the merchant must always pay the fees. By setting this configuration to no for these payment methods will not change anything.
- Minimum and maximum shopping cart: Specify the shopping cart values for which the payment method is to be displayed. Attention: Limits set by the payment provider can be further restricted with this setting, but cannot be used to exceed the limits above or below the max/min set by the payment provider. If you need a higher limit than what is defined by the payment provider, please contact the payment provider directly and also let us know your new limit so that we can adjust accordingly (email@example.com).
- Allowed countries: Please only select countries that the respective payment provider actually provides its service too.
- Allowed currencies: Please only select currencies that the respective payment provider actually supports (e.g. Sofortüberweisung: only €, Santander Installments Denmark: only DKK, Santander Invoice Norway: only NOK).
Step 7: Set up an automatic status update between payever and Plentymarkets
For reasons of saving time and reducing errors, we recommend that you have the status and actions automatically matched between payever and Plentymarkets. To do this, you have to configure which status messages and actions in Plentymarkets should be linked to which status messages and actions in payever. To do this, please open Setup > Orders > Events.
You need a total of three events: one to report the shipping of goods to payever (to capture the payment), one to cancel the order and one for refunding the order.
Click the plus to create a new event. Enter a suitable name, for example "payever Shipping", and select Status change from the dropdown list. In the third field, choose (7) Goods issue posted.
Next click on the plus next to Actions and select the following event from the list (it is best to simply enter it in the search field, this is the quickest way to find it): Shipping the payever payment.
Now activate your new event and save it.
Now repeat the same procedure for Refund and Cancellation. For Refund please link status (9) return with the event Refund the payever payment, and for cancellation, link status (8) Canceled with Cancel the payever payment. Don't forget to activate and save the events!
If you did everything correctly, the two events for you should look like this:
Attention: Refunds and cancellations are not possible with all payment methods. With the installment loan, for example, only the cancellation works automatically and this only before the goods are shipped to the customer. Cancellations after the goods have been shipped must be reported to Santander directly by email. With Direct Bank Transfer, neither refund nor cancellation are possible, in the case of a cancellation / refund, the money must simply be transferred back manually from the merchants account to the customers.
Attention: Do you use the PayPal-Plus Iframe?
Generally the combination of the PayPal Plus Iframes with our payment methods is possible, however the formatting (icon & description) within the PayPal Plus Iframes is suboptimal and unfortunately cannot be adjusted. Also note that you have to add the payment method explicitly to the PayPal Plus iframe if you want the payment method to be displayed within this iframe. If you do not do this, the payment method will be displayed separately below the iframe (and may be overlooked by the customer).
Testing the plugin: sandbox mode
Would you like to test the plugin first? Please activate sandbox mode, enter our test data in the fields Business UUID, Client Secret and Client ID, which you can find here, then save.
In sandbox mode, you are not connected to your own payever account, but to our general test account - which is why you can now see all available payment methods, not just those that you have activated in your live payever account (Please note that you do not see test transactions in your payever account).
To have payments confirmed in test mode please use the relevant stub data, which you can find here.
Now you can test the plugin without triggering a real transaction. We would like to ask you to test only in sandbox mode, as test transactions in Live, even if you subsequently cancel them immediately, can have undesirable consequences (for example, if you test too often with your credit card it may be reported and blocked) or if you submit multiple installment loan applications in your name, this can worsen your credit score, etc.).
When you're done testing and want to go live:
- Please do not forget to remove the test data and instead enter your own data from your payever account (see step 3), save and then synchronize (otherwise you will receive an error message when synchronizing). You cannot use your live data in sandbox mode, nor can you use our test data in live!
- Please also note that any settings made (plug-in settings, names and texts of the payment methods, etc.) are lost when switching between live and sandbox mode (regardless of the direction) . With each synchronization process you reset these settings automatically - so if you have configured everything in sandbox mode, are satisfied and want to go live, please remember what you have set and repeat these settings after you have finished have switched to live mode and synchronized.
After integration: information on processing payments
In general, our plugins are designed so that all actions available in the payever account also can be initiated from your JTL backend or JTL Wawi. As a rule, you do not need to log into your payever account to find out about the status of a payment or to cancel a payment, for example!
Status Reports - the payment status in Process usually only occurs with installment loans and means that the payment is not yet complete (customer still has to go through an identification process and / or submit required documents). If you see this status, please wait and do not ship the goods to your customer yet. The Payment Accepted status means that the payment was successful and complete - in this case you are free to ship the goods to your customer. The status Canceled means that the payment failed, was rejected or was canceled by you (again, do not send any goods to your customer with this status).
Any questions or problems?
You can reach our support from Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know in your message which shop system and plugin version you are using, which shop (URL and / or email address with which you are registered with us) your request is concerned and which error message / issue you are dealing with - so that we can process your request as fast as possible!