Step by step guide
Step 1: Create an account
Please create your account here: https://commerceos.payever.org/entry/registration/business
Step 2: Payment options setup
To access the payment options, either click on Apps in the upper left corner and select the checkout symbol there, or click Open directly in the Checkout field.
Select the Payment options tab and click Add. From the list that appears now, select the desired payment options(s) and click on install.
Now a new window will open, whose structure differs from payment option to payment option. With most payment options, you will be forwarded directly to the application form of the respective provider when you click on Connect. For the payment options of Santander (invoice, installments) you have to enter the authentication data that you received from Santander and then click on Connect (you were not in contact with Santander yet? Please write to email@example.com).
Step 3: Channel Setup
Select the Channels tab in the Checkout app and click Add. Select your shop system from the list that appears now and click on Install.
Select the "API keys" tab and click on "+ Add". Give the API key any name and click on "Create". Now click on the plus symbol - this is the data that you have to enter in your shop system (Client ID, Client secret and Business UUID).
Step 4: Install Magento Plugin
How you best install your plugin also depends on how you installed Magento 2 yourself. If you installed Magento 2 via CLI, you must also install the plugin via CLI, if you installed Magento 2 via Admin, you have the free choice of whether you would prefer to install via CLI or Admin.
After installing the payever plugin in one way or another, please return to this guide here and proceed with step 5.
Step 5: Configure the plugin
To configure the plugin, please go to Stores -> Configuration -> Sales -> Payment Methods and click on Configure at payever.
Now you need to configure some settings:
Environment: Please select Live (unless you want to do some test transactions first, in this case please select Sandbox - more information can be found at the end of this manual).
- Client ID, Client Secret and Business UUID: Please enter the data you generated in your payever account in step 3 (unless you are in sandbox mode, in this case please click the Sandbox API button Insert key).
- Display payment icon: Here you can determine whether an icon / logo is to be displayed next to the payment option (depending on the payment option - you can see a preview of the logos below the payever description text on this page).
- Display payment description: Here you can specify whether a short explanatory text should be displayed under the payment option. If you choose Yes here, please do not forget to enter a meaningful description for the respective payment option as shown in step 6 of this instruction manual).
- Mode Integration: Here you can choose between the options Iframe and redirect to payever. If you select Iframe here, the payever checkout will be loaded in an area / Iframe within your website, the customer will not leave your shop. If you select redirect to payever, the customer will be redirected to a new window with a payever URL. Usually Iframe is recommended here (preferred by the vast majority of customers and dealers).
- Locale: Here you either select the language of your shop (e.g. German, English) or the setting Automatic - this means that payever automatically selects the language that is set in the browser of this customer.
- Logging Level: Here you have the options Info, Debug and Error. In the Info mode, the basic information of the transactions and error messages are logged, with errors only the error messages are logged. You only need to activate the debug mode if you later have a technical problem and we ask you to activate the debug mode and then send us the log files (Download Log File button).
- Locking Type: Usually the File Lock setting is fine here, unless you have a cluster environment, in this case please use MySQL Lock to avoid unwanted duplication of orders.
If you have set up everything as desired, please click Save Config and then Synchronize payment methods.
Step 6: Configure payment methods
You can then make settings for the individual payment methods. To do this, scroll down, you will find the payment options listed below the Synchronize payment methods button.
- Title and description: This is the name and info text that your customers will then see in the checkout.
- Payment action: Controls payment behavior (when it's authorized, when it's captured) in Magento. In our plugin, this option is almost meaningless - for some of our payment methods, the moment when the capture happens is predetermined and can't be chosen at all (for the Santander payment methods, the capture always takes place automatically when the shipping documents are created), for others (e.g. PayPal) this setting is controlled via the payever account (Checkout App -> payment options -> e.g. PayPal).
- Auto capture: With Yes the invoice will be created automatically as soon as the payment has been accepted, with No the invoice will not be created automatically.
- Min. Order Total and Max. Order Total: The minimum value of the shopping cart below which the payment method is displayed and the maximum value of the shopping cart above which the payment method is hidden. Please note that each payment method already has a minimum and maximum value from our side or the side of the payment provider (to be noted in particular with the Santander payment methods). You can further decrease the scope by entering an amount above the minimum and/or below the maximum amount, but you cannot increase the scope by entering a lower minimum or a higher maximum amount (in the example below, the payment method would still only be displayed up to € 750, even if you enter € 2000 here).
When you have configured all payment methods, please do not forget to click Save Config again!
Step 7: Clear Cache
After saving the configurations you will probably notice the following message (in yellow) at the top of the page:
Please do not ignore this message, but follow the advice and click on the link in the warning message. This will take you to the Cache Management page.
Put a check mark next to Configuration and Page Cache and click Submit. This step is necessary so that you can then see your changes (e.g. to the names and description texts of the payment methods) in the front end of your shop!
Step 8: Check front end
Now you can check whether the payment methods are displayed as desired (including the icon, name and description) and whether the forwarding to payever works. If everything is correct, the result should look something like this (screenshot shows iframe mode):
However, please do not make any payments as long as you are in live mode, as this will result in a real transaction and therefore will incur fees. If you want to test transaction completion and processing, please follow the instructions in the next paragraph and switch to sandbox mode.
Testing the plugin: sandbox mode
Would you like to test the plugin first? Please activate sandbox mode under Environment and click on the button Use sandbox API key. Now save your configurations (Save Configs) and click on Synchronize payment methods. In sandbox mode you are not connected to your own payever account, but to our general test account - which is why you can now see all available payment methods here, not just those that you have activated in your payever account.
To have payment confirmed in test mode, please use the corresponding stub data, which you can find here: Test-Data
Now you can test the plugin without triggering a real transaction. We would like to ask you to test only in sandbox mode, since test transactions in Live, even if you subsequently cancel them immediately, can have undesirable consequences (for example, if you test too often with your credit card, it may be reported and blocked). Should you submit multiple installment loan applications in your name, this can worsen your credit score, etc.).
When you're done testing and want to go live:
- Please do not forget to remove the test data and instead enter your own data from your payever account (see step 3), save and then synchronize (otherwise you will receive an error message when synchronizing). You cannot use your live data in sandbox mode, nor can you use our test data in live!
- Also note that any settings you made (plug-in settings, names and texts of the payment methods, etc.) are lost when changing between live and sandbox mode (regardless of the direction). With each synchronization process you reset these settings automatically - so if you have configured everything in sandbox mode, are satisfied and want to go live, please memorize/note down what you have configured and repeat these configurations after you have switched to live mode and synchronized.
Further questions or other issues?
You can reach our free support Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know in your message which Magento and which plugin version you are using, which shop (URL and / or email address with which you are registered with us) is concerned with your request and which error message / malfunction you are experiencing at what point - in order to give you a quick solution!