Are you using Magento 1? Please switch to this manual.
Step 1: Register an account
Create your free payever account here, or log in in case you already have one.
Step 2: Configure payment options
In order to configure your payment options, first open the Checkout app. To do this, either click on the Checkout symbol under Business Apps or click on the Manage or Open button on the Checkout section.
You can find the payment methods tab in the navigation bar on the left. Click on + Add.
Now you can select the preferred payment method from the list that now appears and click on install.
Once you have installed the payment channel, click on Open and a new page will open, the structure of which will vary depending on the payment method chosen.
With the payment methods credit card, direct debit, Sofortüberweisung and Paypal just click the Connect button and you will be forwarded to the respective payment provider. There you connect your existing account or create a new one.
For the payment methods Installments, invoice, Factoring and Direct Bank Transfer you have to enter the access data that you have received from Santander and then click on Connect (if you have not been in touch with Santander before, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org).
Regardless of the payment method, please make sure that you always enter your access data in the Default tab.
After you have connected the payment methods, you can make changes to the settings of the specific payment method. Please refer to our documentation for the specific payment method for more information, which you can find here.
Step 3: Configure channels
Select the Channels tab in the Checkout app.
Click + Add.
Select Magento from the list that now appears and click on Install.
Now you need to click Open so that you can generate the API keys in the next step.
Select API keys and click on + Add. Enter a name of your choice and click on Generate. Afterwards, click on the plus icon (+) and you see the credentials that you have to insert into the shop system that you use for your online business (i.e., Client Id, Client secret, Business UUID). Please copy these to your clipboard.
Step 4: Install Magento Plugin
How you best install your plugin also depends on how you installed Magento 2. If you installed Magento 2 via CLI, you must also install the plugin via CLI, if you installed Magento 2 via Admin, you have the free choice of whether you would prefer to install via CLI or Admin.
After installing the payever plugin in one way or another, please return to this guide and proceed with step 5.
Step 5: Configure the plugin
To configure the plugin, please go to Stores > Configuration > Sales > Payment Methods and click on Configure under payever.
Now you need to configure some settings:
Environment: Please select Live (unless you want to do some test transactions first, in this case please select Sandbox - more information can be found at the end of this manual).
- Client ID, Client Secret and Business UUID: Please enter the data you generated in your payever account in step 3 (unless you are in sandbox mode, in this case please click the Sandbox API button Insert key).
- Display payment icon: Here you can determine whether an icon/logo is to be displayed next to the payment option (depending on the payment option - you can see a preview of the logos below the payever description text on this page).
- Display payment description: Here you can specify whether a short explanatory text should be displayed under the payment option. If you choose Yes here, please do not forget to enter a meaningful description for the respective payment option as shown in step 6 of this instruction manual).
- Mode Integration: Here you can choose between the options Iframe and redirect to payever. If you select Iframe here, the payever checkout will be loaded in an area / Iframe within your website, the customer will not leave your shop. If you select redirect to payever, the customer will be redirected to a new window with a payever URL. Usually Iframe is recommended here (preferred by the vast majority of customers and merchants).
- Locale: Here you either select the language of your shop (e.g. German, English) or the setting Automatic - this means that payever automatically selects the language that is set in the browser of this customer.
- Logging Level: Here you have the options to select Info, Debug and Error. In the Info mode is selected, the basic information of the transactions and error messages are logged, with Error mode activated only the error messages are logged. You only need to activate the debug mode if you later have a technical problem and we ask you to activate the debug mode and then send us the log files (by pressing the Download Log File button).
- Locking Type: Usually the File Lock setting is fine here, unless you have a cluster environment, in this case please use MySQL Lock to avoid unwanted duplication of orders.
If you have set up everything as desired, please click Save Config and then Synchronize payment methods.
Step 6: Configure payment methods
You can then change the settings for the individual payment methods. To do this, scroll down until you find the payment options listed below the Synchronize payment methods button.
- Title and description: This is the name and info text that your customers will then see in the checkout.
- Payment action: Controls payment behavior (e.g. when it's authorized, when it's captured) in Magento. In our plugin, this option is almost meaningless - for some of our payment methods, the moment when the capture action happens is predetermined and can't be chosen at all (e.g. for the Santander payment methods, the capture action always takes place automatically when the shipping documents are created), for others (e.g. PayPal) this setting is controlled via the payever account (Checkout App > payment options > e.g. PayPal).
- Auto capture: If you select Yes the invoice will be created automatically as soon as the payment has been accepted, if you select No the invoice will not be created automatically.
- Min. Order Total and Max. Order Total: The minimum value of the shopping cart below which the payment method is displayed and the maximum value of the shopping cart above which the payment method is hidden. Please note that each payment method already has a minimum and maximum value from our side or the side of the payment provider (to be noted in particular with the Santander payment methods). You can further decrease the scope by entering an amount above the minimum and/or below the maximum amount, but you cannot increase the scope by entering a lower minimum or a higher maximum amount (in the example below, the payment method would still only be displayed up to € 750, even if you enter € 2000 here).
When you have configured all payment methods, please do not forget to click Save Config again!
Step 7: Clear Cache
After saving the configurations you will probably notice the following message (in yellow) at the top of the page:
Please do not ignore this message, but follow the advice and click on the link in the warning message. This will take you to the Cache Management page.
Put a check mark next to Configuration and Page Cache and click Submit. This step is necessary so that you can then see your changes (e.g. to the names and description texts of the payment methods) in the front end of your shop!
Step 8: Check front-end
Now you can check whether the payment methods are displayed as desired (including the payment options logo, name and description) and whether the forwarding to payever works. If everything is correct, the result should look something like this (screenshot shows iframe mode):
However, please do not make any payments as long as you are in live mode, as this will result in a real transaction and therefore will incur fees. If you want to test transaction completion and processing, please follow the instructions in the next paragraph, and remember too switch to sandbox mode.
Testing the plugin: sandbox mode
Would you like to test the plugin first? Please activate sandbox mode under Environment and click on the button Use sandbox API key. Now save your configurations (Save Configs) and click on Synchronize payment methods. In sandbox mode you are not connected to your own payever account, but to our general test account - which is why you can now see all available payment methods here, not just those that you have activated in your own payever account.
To have payment confirmed in test mode, please use the corresponding stub data, which you can find here: Test-Data
Now you can test the plugin without triggering any real transactions. We would like to ask you to test only in sandbox mode, since test transactions in Live mode, even if you subsequently cancel them immediately, can have undesirable consequences (for example, if you test too often with your credit card, it may be reported and blocked) or should you submit multiple installment loan applications in your name it could worsen your credit score, etc.).
When you're done testing and want to go live:
- Please do not forget to remove the test data and instead enter your own data from your payever account (see step 3), save and then synchronize (otherwise you will receive an error message when synchronizing). You cannot use your live data in sandbox mode, nor can you use our test data in live!
- Also note that any settings you made (plug-in settings, names and texts of the payment methods, etc.) are lost when changing between live and sandbox mode (regardless of the direction). With each synchronization process you reset these settings automatically - so if you have configured everything in sandbox mode and you are satisfied with the test-results and want to go live, please memorize/note down what you have configured and repeat these configurations once you have switched to live mode and synchronized.
After the integration: how to handle payments
In general, our plugins are designed such that all actions available in the payever account can also be initiated from your Magento backend. As a rule of thumb, you usually do not need to log into your payever account to find out about the status of a payment or e.g. cancel a payment!
Status notifications - the payment status in Payment Review usually occurs only for the payment option installment loan and means that the payment is not yet complete (customer has to go through an identification process and / or submit documents later). If you see this status, please wait and do not send the goods yet. The status Processing means that the payment has been successful and is complete - in this case you can send the goods. The status Cancelled means that the payment has failed, has been declined or canceled by you (in this status, please do not send any goods either).
Capture/ Shipping Goods - Please note that some payment options (Invoice, Factoring und Installments always, for PayPal and Creditcard it depends on your settings) require you do capture the transaction/ report that you have shipped the order. To do this, please open the order details (> Sales> Orders> click on View for the relevant transaction). Click on Ship in the detailed view of the order at the top right.
On the New Shipment ... page that now opens, there is the Submit Shipment button at the bottom right, which triggers the dispatch notification.
Cancellations and Refunds - If you want to refund a transaction, please open the order details (> Sales> Invoices> click on "View" for the relevant transaction). Now click on Credit Memo at the top right in the detailed view of the order.
On the New Credit Memo ... page that now opens, the Refund button is located at the bottom right (attention, not Refund Offline!), which triggers the cancellation at payever. If you only want to cancel part of the order, first enter "0" as the quantity for the item that is to be canceled, click Update Quantitiesand then click Refund.
Please note that not al our payment options have an automated cancelation function: Santnder Installments Germany allows automated canceling only before shipping, after that you'd need to write an emails to email@example.com; Direktüberweisungen/Instant Payments and Direct Debit transactions can only be refunded by manually transferring the money back to your customers bank account directly from yours.
Further questions or other issues?
You can reach our support from Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know in your message which Magento and which plugin version you are using, which shop (URL and / or email address with which you are registered with us) is concerned with your request and which error message / issue you are experiencing - in order to give you a quick solution!