Step 1: Register an account
Create your free payever account here, or login in case you already have one.
Step 2: Configure payment options
In order to configure your payment options, first open the Checkout app. To do this, either click on the Checkout symbol under Business Apps or click on the Manage or Open button on the Checkout section.
You can find the payment methods tab in the navigation bar on the left.
Then click on + Add.
Now a list of different payment methods appears, from which you can select as needed. To do this, click on install.
Once you have installed the payment channel, click on Open and a new page will open, the structure of which will vary depending on the payment method chosen.
With the payment methods credit card, direct debit, Sofortüberweisung and Paypal just click the Connect button and you will be forwarded to the respective payment provider. There you connect your existing account or create a new one.
For the payment methods Installments, invoice, Factoring and Direct Bank Transfer you have to enter the access data that you have received from Santander and then click on Connect (if you have not been in touch with Santander before, please contact email@example.com).
Regardless of the payment method, please make sure that you always enter your access data in the Default tab.
After you have connected the payment methods, you can make changes to the settings of the specific payment method. Please refer to our documentation for the specific payment method for more information, which you can find here.
Step 3: Configure channels
Select the Channels tab in the Checkout App.
Click + Add.
Select Magento from the list that now appears and click on Install.
Now you need to click Open so that you can generate the API keys in the next step.
Select API keys and click on + Add. Enter a name of your choice and click on Generate. Afterwards, click on the plus icon (+) and you see the credentials that you have to insert into the shop system that you use for your online business (i.e., Client Id, Client secret, Business UUID). Please copy these to your clipboard.
Step 4: Install plugin
Note: Since support for Magento 1 will be discontinued in 2020, there will be no new versions and installation will only be possible by manual upload from August 2020, as the Extension Store for Magento 1 will be closed. Please download the latest version of the plugin from the payever platform and upload the zip file to your Magento shop.
Search for the payever plugin in the Magento Marketplace and install it in your shop. Note that there are two different plugins, one for Magento 1 and the other for Magento 2.
Step 5: Configurations
Log into your Magento backend and open the payever plugin settings (click on System in the navigation bar at the top, then click on Configuration and click on payever which you should find on the the left side of the screen).
Click on payever here to see configuration options.
Now make the following changes to your settings:
- Mode: Please activate the Live mode (unless you want to carry out some test transactions first, in this case please select sandbox - more information on testing can be found at the end of this article).
- Client ID, Client Secret and Business UUID: Please enter the API keys that you generated in your payever account (see Step 3) in the corresponding fields (unless you are in sandbox mode).
- Logging level: Here we recommend the setting Info. You don't usually need the other two options unless you experience technical difficulties later on - our support team may ask you to activate debug mode so that they can better analyze the causes of the problem.
- Display payment icon: Here you can specify whether an icon/logo should be displayed next to the payment method (depending on the payment method).
- Display payment description: Here you can specify whether a description text should be shown under the payment method. If you decide to do this, please make sure to enter a suitable text for the specific payment option.
- Mode Integration: Here we recommend the Iframe setting. If you choose Iframe here the payever checkout will be loaded in an area (Iframe) within your website, and your customer will not need to leave your shop to complete the payment. Otherwise, the customer will be redirected to a new window with a payever URL. Please note: If you use a so-called "One-Step Checkout" you may only be able to use the redirect mode.
- Locale: Here you either select the language of your shop or the Default setting - this means that payever automatically selects the language that is set in this customer's browser.
Save the settings (click on Save Config on the right) then synchronize the payment methods in the Payment App section by clicking on the button Synchronize.
After synchronization, check whether the payment options activated in your Magento backend are the same as those that are activated in your payever account, and that are the payment options you wish to offer to your customers. By clicking on the arrow next to the payment methods, you can also change the individual settings for each payment option (such as description, title and min/max order totals).
Before leaving these settings, make sure to save any changes by clicking on Save config.
Would you like to test the plugin and the payment options before you go live? No problem - you can do so in staging/sandbox mode, since in this mode none of the transactions will result in an actual payment. To activate staging/sandbox mode, set mode to Sandbox in the plugin settings and click on Restore API keys to have the test credentials show up automatically. Alternatively, manually fill in the test credentials (Business UUID, Client secret, Client ID) provided here: https://docs.payever.org/resources/de/test-credentials
In the sandbox mode you are not connected to your own payever account, but to our general test account - which is why you can now see all available payment methods here, not just those that you have activated in your live payever account.
To test the various payment statuses in the sandbox mode, please use the relevant stub data which you can find here.
Now you can test the plugin without triggering a real transaction. We kindly ask you to test only in the sandbox mode, since test transactions in Live mode, even if they are subsequently canceled, can have undesirable consequences (for example, if you test too often with your credit card, it may be reported and blocked or if you submit multiple installment loan applications in your name it can worsen your credit score, etc.).
When you're done testing and want to go live:
- Please do not forget to remove the test data and instead enter your own live credentials from your own payever account (see step 3), save and then synchronize (otherwise you will receive an error message when synchronizing). You cannot use your live data in the sandbox mode and vice versa.
- Please also note that any changes made to your settings (plug-in settings, names and description-texts for the payment methods, etc.) are lost when switching between live and sandbox mode (regardless of the direction). With each synchronization process you reset these settings automatically - so if you have configured everything in sandbox mode and you are satisfied with the test-results and want to go live, please remember what you configured so that you can reapply these settings again after you have switched to live mode and synchronized.
After the integration: how to handle payments
In general, our plugins are designed such that all actions available in the payever account can also be initiated from your Magento backend. As a rule of thumb, you usually do not need to log into your payever account to find out about the status of a payment or e.g. cancel a payment!
Status notifications - the payment status in in progress usually occurs only for the payment option installment loan and means that the payment is not yet complete (customer has to go through an identification process and / or submit documents later). If you see this status, please wait and do not send the goods yet. The status Accepted means that the payment has been successful and is complete - in this case you can send the goods. The status Closed means that the payment has failed, has been declined or canceled by you (in this status, please do not send any goods either).
Capture/ Shipping Goods - Please note that some payment options (Invoice, Factoring und Installments always, for PayPal and Creditcard it depends on your settings) require you do capture the transaction/ report that you have shipped the order. To do this, please open the order details (> Sales> Orders> click on View for the relevant transaction). Click on Ship in the detailed view of the order at the top right.
On the New Shipment ... page that now opens, there is the Submit Shipment button at the bottom right, which triggers the dispatch notification.
After Clicking this, you will see the success message below and the Magento-Status will update to Completed.
Cancellations and Refunds - If you want to refund a transaction, please open the order details (> Sales> Invoices> click on "View" for the relevant transaction). Now click on Credit Memo at the top right in the detailed view of the order.
On the New Credit Memo ... page that now opens, the Refund button is located at the bottom right (attention, not Refund Offline!), which triggers the cancellation at payever. If you only want to cancel part of the order, first enter "0" as the quantity for the item that is to be canceled, click Update Quantities and then click Refund.
Please note that not al our payment options have an automated cancelation function: Santander Installments Germany allows automated canceling only before shipping, after that you'd need to write an emails to firstname.lastname@example.org; Direktüberweisungen/Instant Payments and Direct Debit transactions can only be refunded by manually transferring the money back to your customers bank account directly from yours.