Step 1: Register an account
Create your free payever account here, or log in in case you already have one.
Step 2: Configure payment options
In order to configure your payment options, first open the Checkout app. To do this, either click on the Checkout symbol under Business Apps or click on the Manage or Open button on the Checkout section.
You can find the payment methods tab in the navigation bar on the left. Click on + Add.
Now you can select the preferred payment method from the list that now appears and click on install.
Once you have installed the payment channel, click on Open and a new page will open, the structure of which will vary depending on the payment method chosen.
With the payment methods credit card, direct debit, Sofortüberweisung and Paypal just click the Connect button and you will be forwarded to the respective payment provider. There you connect your existing account or create a new one.
For the payment methods Installments, invoice, Factoring and Direct Bank Transfer you have to enter the access data that you have received from Santander and then click on Connect (if you have not been in touch with Santander before, please contact email@example.com).
Regardless of the payment method, please make sure that you always enter your access data in the Default tab.
After you have connected the payment methods, you can make changes to the settings of the specific payment method. Please refer to our documentation for the specific payment method for more information, which you can find here.
Step 3: Configure channels
Select the Channels tab in the Checkout app.
Click + Add.
Select xt:Commerce from the list that now appears and click on Install.
Select API keys and click on + Add. Enter a name of your choice and click on Generate. Afterwards, click on the plus icon (+) and you see the credentials that you have to insert into the shop system that you use for your online business (i.e., Client Id, Client secret, Business UUID). Please copy these to your clipboard.
Step 4: Download the plugin
Log into your xt:Commerce account and download our free plugin. You can either do this via your xt:Commerce plugin store (recommended) or you can download the plugin from your payever account and upload it manually.
Step 5: configure plugin
Log into your xt:Commerce backend and open the payever plugin settings by clicking on Einstellungen (Settings) in the navigation bar at the left, on Zahlungsweisen (Payment Options), look for payever and click on the edit icon.
- Leave the fields Directory, Icon, Tax class, Template and Display cost note as they are automatically after installation (no reconfiguration necessary/sensible).
- For Status, set a check mark to activate the plugin.
- With Reihenfolge you can define where in the checkout the payever payment methods should be displayed (compared to other payment plugins). and now enter the data that you generated in step 3 in your payever account (Client Id, Client Secret and Business UUID)
- In the Client Secret, Client ID, and Client Secret fields, enter the data that you generated in step 3 in your payever account. In the Mode field, choose Live. (Unless you want to test the plugin first, in which case proceed as described here).
- In the fields Status für den Versand von Waren und Status für Abbruch der Transaktion please enter, in accordance with your processes and habits, the status at which you want to report the sending of goods to the payment service provider (and thus effect the capture of the payment) and the status at which the payment should be cancelled accordingly at the respective provider.
- For Standardsprache, you enter the language in which the payment types are to be displayed. If your shop serves several countries with different languages, we recommend the Standard setting (automatically detects the customer's language).
- Zu payever weiterleiten setting determines whether the payever checkout should be displayed within an iframe on your website, or whether the customer should be redirected to a separate payever page. We recommend the setting Nein, because from the user's point of view it is more convenient not to have to leave the shop for the payment.
- Icon der Zahlart sichtbar defines whether a logo corresponding to the payment method should be displayed.
- Beschreibung der Zahlart sichtbar determines whether a description text should be displayed for the payment methods. The option Verwenden Sie die Zahlungsbeschreibungen aus den Admin-Einstellungen has the effect that the description texts you entered in the Payment Type Settings are used for this.
Now synchronize the plugin by clicking on Bearbeiten > Einstellungen synchronisieren.
Step 6: Configure payment methods
Stay on the same page as in step 5 and scroll down. Here you can now see the settings options for the individual payment methods.
Here you can change the name and description text of the payment method, set the payment method as active or inactive and adjust the minimum and maximum (from which amount on the payment method should appear in the checkout - please do not enter a higher maximum or lower minimum than what you have contractually agreed with the respective payment provider). With Gebühren übernehmen you can specify whether you want to add the payment fees to the price (false) or whether they should be included in the price (true). If you choose false, you also specify how much of the fee is to be added.
Testing the plugin: sandbox mode
Would you like to test the plugin first? Please activate the sandbox mode (sandbox = yes) and enter our test data in the following fields Business UUID, Client Secret and Client ID, which you can find here. In sandbox mode you are not connected to your own live payever account, but rather to our general test account - that's why you now see all available payment methods here, not just those that you have activated in your own payever account (please note that you will not see test transactions in your payever account). Also note that the test account only works on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. - hence, on weekends, late late afternoons and early mornings you cannot make transactions in sandbox mode!
To have a payment confirmed in test mode please use the relevant stub data which you can find here.
Now you can test the plugin without triggering a real transaction. We kindly ask you to test only in sandbox mode, as test transactions in Live mode, even if you subsequently cancel them immediately, can have undesirable consequences (for example, if you test too often with your credit card, it may be reported and blocked) or if you submit multiple installment loan applications in your name, this may worsen your credit score, etc.).
When you're done testing and want to go live:
- Please do not forget to remove the test data and instead enter your own data from your live payever account (see step 3), save and then synchronize (otherwise you will receive an error message when synchronizing). You cannot use your live data in sandbox mode, nor can you use our test data in live!
- Please also note that any changes made to your settings (e.g. plug-in settings, names and description-texts for the payment methods, etc.) are lost when switching between live and sandbox mode (regardless of the direction). With each change you reset these settings - so if you have configured everything in sandbox mode, and you are satisfied with the test-results and therefore want to go live - please remember what you need to reconfigure these settings again after switching to live Mode and synchronizing.
After the integration: Notes on processing payments
In general, our plugins are designed so that all actions available in the payever account can also be triggered from your xt:Commerce backend. Normally you do not need to log in to your payever account to check the status of a payment or to cancel a payment!
Status messages - the payment status In Process (payever) usually only occurs with installment credits and means that the payment is not yet complete (customer still has to go through an identification process and/or submit documents). If you see this status, please wait and do not ship the goods yet. The status Accepted (payever) Means that the payment was successful and is complete - in this case you can ship the goods. The status Failed (payever) means that the payment has failed or has been rejected by the payment provider (again, do not ship the goods).
Capture/ dispatch of goods - Please note that with some of our payment methods (definitely with invoice purchase, installment purchase and installment credit, possibly also PayPal and credit card, if you have decided there in the settings against an automatic capture), the dispatch of goods must be reported. However, you do not have to do this manually, it is sufficient to change the status of the affected order in xt:Commerce after the goods have been shipped. To which status you have to convert depends on what you entered in step 5 under Status for Shipping Goods.
Cancellations and refunds - If you want to refund/cancel a transaction, you also only have to change the status in xt:Commerce, the cancellation request will be automatically forwarded to us and the payment provider concerned. The status you need to change to depends on what you entered in step 5 under Status for Cancellation of Transaction.
A partial refund (customer returns part of the order) is only possible via your payever account. To do this, open the Transactions app, open the details of the transaction in question and go to Refund in the top right-hand corner. You can now enter the amount to be cancelled and complete the cancellation.
Please note, however, that not all our payment methods have an automatic cancellation function: Installment credits can only be cancelled before the goods are shipped via payever/Shopware (afterwards only manually by email to firstname.lastname@example.org), direct bank transfers and direct debits can only be refunded by a return transfer to the customer from your bank account.
Any further questions or problems?
You can reach our support from Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. at email@example.com
Please let us know in your message which shop system and plugin version you are using, which shop (URL and / or email address with which you are registered with us) your request is concerned and which error message / issue you are dealing with - so that we can process your request as fast as possible!